Wednesday, December 1, 2010

That's right, I write poems...

Fun fact- DVDeluxe has been a name attached to me since before the Internet. But originally my writings were written under the name DVNovels. Sadly no completed works exist.

Anyway, I still write, but for reasons I won't go into, most my works will probably never be read.

I decided that, for a change, I'd post something just for my devoted readers to see.
So here goes...

"Walking in darkness"

I have become appreciative of the darkness.

In darkness I see no light, yet I know light is still there.
It's warm glow directs me with a clarity beyond sight.

This glowing warmth is where I should be, but I have far to go.
I have no fear of getting lost.

I may fall but I will not die.
Bruises will eventually heal.

The sounds in darkness are scary.
They sound familiar, even pleasant, yet they don't come from the warmth.

Someone holds my hand and leads me toward the warm glow of light.
It feels nice to know I'm not really alone.

Someone else grabs my leg and offers me their sight.
But what they see is not what I feel. I shall trust the warmth.

I don't know how long it will take me to get to this warm light, but I will.
Then, I will open my eyes...



1 comment:

  1. I never knew you wrote, cousin? I really became immersed in your piece. Much props, maybe we might get a poetry club going. Hey, It could happen.

    ReplyDelete